Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hello... and here I go.....

I once was a writer of blessings. 

I love that true sentence… it’s just like HEM always said to do when you have writer’s block.. just write one “true” sentence and go from there…. Well, that’s what I did Sunday night… and the day was done… it is a new dawn and I am simply writing… I am not sure what I am going to be writing about yet…  like everyone, I am full of stories… and so much has happened in the last 7 years of my life as I have journeyed with my “blessed” people… writing "blessings" for them has sustained me... it has kept me rooted in the "fellowship" of belonging to a group of people who have many of the same beliefs I have.... we have shared so many prayers and affirmations… we have laughed and cried… we have been constant in our faith, hope and love for one another.. . we have “seen” one another… we are “Namaste” people…. And we carry one another’s hearts…  I love my people…. And I always will….. but today, I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders… no one will be expecting a “blessing” from me… I have resigned.  Course, it doesn’t mean that I will never write one… I may start writing and rambling like I do and it may very well go in that direction…

Since this is a new blog for me maybe I should introduce myself… I am “Cloud of Peace” … an Indian name given to me by my FSU Seminole friends when I lived in Tallahassee almost 25 years ago.  Those were the days when hardly anyone had a cell phone and we still mailed letters to one another...…  and if you were going to write anything about “life” or your opinion on any political happening, you would send it in to your local newspaper’s “soapbox” section and hope it didn’t get thrown in the trash without being read …

So, for half of my life, I have felt somewhat compelled to live up to the name given to me… granted, it hasn’t been that difficult because I am generally a peaceful person.. but, of course, I have had a million and one moments where I have wanted to show that “other side” of me (and I probably have slipped more times than I have wanted to) … and so I have written lyrical poetry and “blessings” more as a tool for myself to “practice what I preach” …. however, the day is done…

I received a lot of beautiful responses and words of encouragement to my “farewell” blessing, but I have one friend that wrote, “You’ll change your mind” … lol….. she might be right… but not today she isn’t… and so…. I begin a new journey… my “blessings” people may not continue on the new path with me and I will miss them….. but, I have traveled with many souls, for many lives and so I look forward to meeting  old friends on the written path… I would say, “wish me luck”, but I don’t believe in luck… I trust in destiny and fate … The story has already be written…

“I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done-to-me. I am everyone everything whose being-in-the-world affected was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I'm gone which would not have happened if I had not come.” Salman Rushie, "Midnight's Children"

Let your light shine... 
With love,
Elena

8 comments:

  1. one of my favorite books...

    I like this, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never measure up to the two of you.... makes me smile that you both "like" ... yaaaaayyy

      Delete
  2. Your writing captivates me every time, my beloved soul sister! I love you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful journey to come! Congratulations on each step forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much...... much love and light to you on your journey...

      Delete